Raspberry Sponge Cake
I found this recipe on Facebook and had to add it, it makes a cake that tastes just like Hostess raspberry zingers and they are my favorite hostess treat 😉 I hope everyone loves this like me, I think I’m going to make this a staple dessert for Easter from now on
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 5.1 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick salted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 oz box raspberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 1 stick salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Butter and flour 2 (8 inch) round cake pans and set aside.
- In the bowl mix eggs and butter until smooth
- Add water, pudding mix, and cake mix beat on medium for about a minute, until batter is smooth and thick.
- Spread evenly in prepared pans and bake for about 20 -25 mins or until tops spring back when lightly touched, or a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pans for 5 minutes, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Stir jello mix into boiling water until dissolved.
- Place in a large, shallow pan and set in the refrigerator until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Place coconut in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until coconut is in smaller pieces. Toss with cornstarch until coated.
- Trim the domed tops from your cakes. Dip cakes in the thickened jello mixture — work quickly so the cakes don’t get too soggy and fall apart.
- Gently press coconut onto the top of each cake. Place cakes on wire racks to set, about 2 hours.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, vanilla and whipping cream on medium low speed.
- Add marshmallow cream and beat on medium until smooth.
- Slowly beat in powdered sugar until just barely mixed.
- Increase speed to high and beat for one minute, until fluffy.
- Frost cake and serve.
Raspberry Sponge Cake — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>