Banana bread is a classic recipe that almost everyone loves. This recipe is a simple and classic recipe that has cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top, I always have bananas left over after a week and this is one way that I like to use them up. This bread freezes very well, so make a few loaves and just take them out when ready to eat 🙂
*Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes
*Butter your loaf pans bottoms and sides
- 1- Cup of Butter
- 1- Cup of White Sugar
- 4- Eggs at Room Temperature
- 8- Medium bananas
- 2 1/2- tsp of Baking Soda
- 1- tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2- tsp Salt
- 1- tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2- tsp of all spice
- 4- Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1- Cup of Coarsely Chopped Nuts (optional, toast them in a 350* oven for 10 minutes turing halfway through. This will bring out the nuts flavor)
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Beat butter, egg and sugar until thoroughly blended.
- Add banana and all the other ingredients EXCEPT the flour and nuts
- Add flour one cup at a time. You may need to mix by hand when you get to the 4th cup of flour.
- Add nuts and stir until completely blended in the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly between 2 loaf pans
- Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar
- Bake at 350* for about one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.