Delicious butter cookie cutout recipe that is light and airy use this recipe for all of your holiday cutout recipes or just drop by spoonfuls and bake either way when you bite into this cookie it will melt in your mouth 🙂
***Pre-heat oven to 350* after dough has chilled and is ready to be rolled and cutout
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP of Milk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 2 3/4 Cups of Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a blender
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to blend with a fork
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the butter mixture with a blender
- Scrape the bowl down and form into a ball leaving it in the bowl, the dough will be very crumbly but when you use your hands to shape into a ball it all comes together.
- Chill for half an hour if you need to or roll right out onto parchment paper or wax paper
- After dough has chilled take 1/4 of the dough from the ball and roll on flour dusted counter to 1/4″ thickness.
- Dip your cookie cutter into flour, if needed and press into the dough for your cutout
- Place 2″ apart on un-greased cookie sheet
- Place in pre-heated 350* oven and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from cookie sheets and place on cooling rack and let cool completely before decorating with icing or frosting
*** You can use the recipe for Glossy Royal Icing that I found on All Recipes. This is a very easy icing to use and it stays glossy instead of a matted finish on your butter cookie cutouts 🙂