This recipe is from All Recipes and it is Chef John’s this is such a delicious bread and really simple to do I’ve made this a lot when I’ve made a stew or soup it is perfect with them 🙂 This bread has to set and rise for 18 hours after you first mix the ingredients
- 3 1/2 Cups White Bread Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Bread Flour
- (You Can Use All Purpose White Flour if You Don’t Have The Above)
- 1 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Cups of Warm Water
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP of Corn Meal
- Place white and wheat flour in a large bowl. Add salt, yeast, and warm water.
- Mix until a wet sticky dough comes together, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Cover with foil.
- Allow dough to rise for 18 hours at room temperature. It should not be too warm about 63-65*F
- Punch dough down with a spatula and fold it over a few times in the bowl, after it has risen for the 18 hours
- Lightly oil a heavy rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil. Sprinkle generously with cornmeal.
- Lightly spray a work surface with water.
- Place a long sheet of plastic wrap on the damp surface to hold it in place.
- Sprinkle plastic wrap with flour.
- Scrape the dough onto the floured surface.
- Sprinkle flour on top of the dough.
- Gently stretch and pull dough into a long, flat rectangular shape, 12 to 15 inches long.
- Bring plastic sheet to edge of prepared pan and flip the dough into the prepared pan.
- Reshape the dough, if necessary.
- Dust with flour.
- Cover with a light dry towel Let rise about 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C)
- Bake dough in preheated oven until loaf is nicely browned 35 to 45 minutes
Ciabatta Bread — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>