This recipe Kiki, AKA me, tweaked for about a year & it is honestly the best I have ever tasted.. Even better than Panera’s in my opinion or Au Bon Pains and you all know how much I loved their soup 😉 This is also all cooked in 1 large pot!
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cups of Wondra Flour (please use this, it’s finer than regular flour and makes a huge difference in the recipe)
- 48 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 10 3/4 oz Cans of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 oz Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 5 TBSP Crushed Garlic
- 1 Large Sweet Vidalia Onion Diced (if you can’t find this, use any sweet onion available)
- 2 Cups of Milk (any kind, I use skim but can use what you have)
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets (Fresh Uncooked)
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Carrots
- Garlic Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Melt the butter on low in a large pot
- Add the garlic and onions cook until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the flour a little at a time with a whisk allowing the butter mixture to be absorbed. The mixture will be lumpy when your done adding all the flour.
- Increase the heat to medium
- Add the chicken broth and milk with the whisk a little at a time so that the lumps are broken down and the mixture is smooth, except for the onion pieces they will still be lumpy.
- Now add the carrots stirring until combined into the broth mixture
- Add the cheese 1/4 Cup at a time, keep the heat on medium, stir each addition of cheese until it is completely melted
- Reduce the heat to low after all of the cheese has been added and completely melted
- Finally add your broccoli florets and stir until combined. Continue cooking on low for about an hour until your broccoli is fork tender.
Serve with a fresh baguette or croissants, or even in a bread bowl! Enjoy 🙂