These are a cookie that I always have a lot of requests for it’s a delicate butter cookie that is dipped in orange juice and granulated sugar to leave a crusty coating on it when it dries. When you bite into it you get a crunch followed by melt in your mouth goodness 🙂
- 1 TBSP Grated Orange Peel
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 1-3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- Bowl of Granulated Sugar (to roll the cookies in)
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies
Pre-heat oven to 325*
- In small bowl combine orange peel and orange juice (set aside)
- In large bowl combine sugar, salt, butter, water and vanilla, mix well with blender
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts, mix by hand not blender
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2″ apart on un-greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 325* for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch (don’t over bake)
- Remove from cookie sheets and let cool completely
- Strain orange juice mixture.
- Place cooled cookies in orange juice and roll in granulated sugar.
- Let stand and dry to a sugar shell on the cookies.