Perfectly seasoned and breaded boneless chicken breasts that are fried to a golden brown then covered with fresh marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese finally finished in the oven so that the mozzarella melts perfectly
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Cups of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP of Italian Seasoning
- 2 TBSP of Garlic Powder
- 2 TBSP of Minced Onion Flakes
- 1 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups of Tomato Sauce
- 16oz of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
*Preheat an oven to 450 degrees
Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl adding your garlic powder, minced onion and italian seasoning
- Put flour on plate or in a bowl. After flattening the chicken and seasoning it with salt and pepper dredge through the flour making sure to coat both sides. Set aside on plate
- Dip flour coated chicken breast in beaten eggs.
- Transfer breast to breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into both sides. Repeat for each breast.
- Heat 1 cup olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Cook chicken until golden, about 4 minutes on each side. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and top each breast with about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese on top of mozzarella
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, and chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center, 25 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees
- Remove from oven and serve