This is a delicious sauce that brings the flavors or freshly grated parmesan cheese into a creamy sauce to use over fresh ravioli, pastas of all kinds or to make fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli and chicken. Whatever you decide to pour this over, you will not be disappointed with your finished meal 🙂
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 16 oz Heavy Whipping Cream (use half & half if you want to reduce the fat!)
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 3 TBSP Crushed Garlic
- 2 Egg Yolks Whipped
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 TBSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 TBSP Parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat with the crushed garlic.
- Mix egg yolks and heavy cream very well in a bowl
- Add heavy cream and egg yolk mixture slowly to the melted butter. Continue cooking over medium heat making sure to stir frequently.
- You don’t want the cream to burn on the bottom of the pan but you do want it to come to a soft boil. This will allow the cream to thicken.
- After the cream mixture is at a soft boil you can add the nutmeg, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add the Parmesan cheese slowly so that it has a chance to melt and combine completely with the cream sauce. Make sure that you continue stirring frequently!
- After all the ingredients are mixed and well blended you can move on to the rest of which ever recipe you’re using the Alfredo sauce for or just pour right over your noodles of choice and enjoy!