This is a delicious and unique goulash recipe and is made just like my mommas. She always used a variety of freshly ground meats in recipes and it’s delicious and unique compared to what I’ve eaten from other cooks. If you only have beef or pork that will work also but I do highly recommend following the recipe exactly 😉
- 1/2 LB of Ground Beef
- 1/2 LB of Ground Pork
- 1/2 LB of Ground Veal
- 2 Cloves of Crushed Garlic
- 2 28 oz Cans of Crushed Tomatoes w Garlic or Basil (you can use plain also but will need to add the garlic and basil flavors yourself. I use 1 of both basil and garlic crushed tomatoes)
- 1 14 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Small Vidalia Onion Finely Diced
- 1 Small Green Bell Pepper Finely Diced
- 1 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Box of Elbow Macaroni Cooked Al dente
- In a large deep skillet add your ground beef, veal, pork, bell peppers, crushed garlic and vidalia onions with the heat on medium to high. Be sure to continuously break and mix everything together so the meats break down nice and small
- After the meats are browned stir in your crushed and diced tomatoes along with your bay leaves to the meat and veggies. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Finally add your cooked macaroni and freshly grated parmesan cheese, stir to mix everything together reducing the heat to very low.
Eat when your ready 🙂 Add some more fresh grated parmesan cheese if you would like!