This is a favorite in my house and is requested often, the chocolate cookies filled with gooey rolos, toasted pecans and topped with melted white chocolate and more toasted pecans is to die for 😉
- 2 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cups of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup of Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Softened Butter
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Pecans Toasted (put in oven at 350* on cookie sheet for about 7 minutes, stirring halfway through, remove and let cool before adding to cookie dough)
- 1 13oz PKG of Rolo Candies Unwrapped
For the Topping:
- 1/2 Cup of Toasted Chopped Pecans
- 1-2 TBSP of Granulated White Sugar
- 4 oz of Vanilla Flavored Candy Coating
**You will be refrigerating the cookie dough for 2 hours or overnight
**When ready to bake pre-heat your oven to 375*
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup of white sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; blend well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the toasted pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
- For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 rolo candy, covering completely.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of toasted pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture.
- Place, nut side up, 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Melt candy coating in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.