This stuffing is filled with fresh seasoning, crispy celery and fresh bread cubes that mixed together make an amazing flavor in your mouth and goes deliciously well with a roast turkey 😉
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 2/3 Cup of butter
- 8 Cups of bread cubes (get the chopped bread cubes in your stores bakery.. I get it with a mixture of rye, pumpernickel and italian bread cut up)
- 2 tsp. of pepper
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of ground sage
- 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Sauté onion and celery in the butter until tender.
- Combine onion mixture with bread, pepper, eggs, salt, sage and poultry seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in broth until well moistened.
- Bake in a greased foil-covered shallow baking dish at 325° for about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Take the cover off the last 5 minutes to brown.
- You can also stuff your turkey with this and add your extra stuffing in a dish as stated above and put it in the oven when you take your turkey out to rest. It’s personal taste to put the aluminum foil over the baking dish to cook, I personally leave it off because I like it crispy and brown on the top 🙂
- *This was found on Food.Com because we couldn’t find Amma’s recipe… This tasted a lot like hers well Heath and I thought so 😉