I first had these at the Great NYS Fair and I loved them In fact everyone around here did they started showing up in all the restaurants around NY because they are delicious
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Cup cornmeal
- 2 Cups Plain Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dill pickle quarteres (Clausen is best)
- 1 Cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of the flour, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- In another bowl or plate pour the panko bread crumbs
- Drain the pickles
- Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and then dredge them in the flour mixture.
- Dip into the milk mixture again and coat with the panko bread crumbs and place on plate or cookie sheet
- Put the coated pickles into the freezer for 30 minutes to set the breading
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 365 degrees
- Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Salt and pepper to taste
I like to dip them into ranch dressing… delicious ?
Deep Fried Pickles — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>