Fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower covered with a homemade velvety cheese sauce made with extra sharp cheddar and velvetta cheeses all baked together with garlic and pepper, this is the perfect veggie dish 😉
- 1 Medium Head of Cauliflower (cut up and set the florets aside)
- 2 Large Heads of Broccoli (cut up and set the florets aside)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Cups of Velvetta Cheese ( cubed)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese ( Cubed)
- 2 TBSP of Butter
- 1 Cup of Milk (use any variety you want.. skim, whole or 2%)
- Garlic salt & Pepper (optional)
- In a steamer pot bring 2 cups of water and 1 clove of garlic crushed to a boil
- Add about 2 cups of your broccoli and cauliflower florets to the steamer at a time, cook just until fork tender and the broccoli is bright green. You don’t want to overcook because it will still cook a little in the oven.
- As your steamed veggies are done just pour them into the 9×13″ pan. Sprinkle your veggies with the garlic salt and pepper if you desire.
- Next put your butter, the rest of the garlic crushed and velvetta cheese into a saucepan and cook on low to medium heat stirring until the cheese melts.
- Add your sharp cheddar cheese and continue stirring until its completely smooth and combined.
- Now add your milk a little at a time and stir until smooth.
- When all of your milk is combined and the cheese sauce is smooth, remove from heat
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top of your vegetables covering the tops of all of it
- Put your broccoli cauliflower and cheese sauce into the oven at 350* for about 15-20 minutes.
Remove and Enjoy 🙂