- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 medium carrot (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- Chop cabbage into chunks and run through your food processor, or chop fine.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, whisk well.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, and onion and toss well. Pour dressing over the slaw and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the cabbage to soak up the marinade. It tastes the best if you soak it overnight.