- 1 Acorn Squash (cut in half and seeds removed)
- 1 Butternut Squash (cut in half and seeds removed)
- 1 48oz Box of Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Sweet Vidalia Onion (finely Chopped)
- Fresh Croutons
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Put squash halves into a deep baking pan skin side down
- Sprinkle the onion evenly over the squash and cover with the chicken broth
- Cook in a 350* oven for about 1 hour or until the squash is fork tender
- Take the squash out of the pan and then pour the broth and onions into a a medium soup pan
- Scoop the meat from the squash out of the skin and put into a blender and puree.
- Pour the pureed squash into the pan with the broth and cook over low to medium heat for about half an hour.
- When ready to serve add salt and black pepper to taste and top with fresh croutons 🙂