Make these either on your grill, campfire or oven. The potatoes crisp up and the onions cook perfectly with the butter within the foil packs so they are tender and flavorful not to mention the easy cleanup, just throw the foil packs out after you eat your potatoes 😉
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 Medium Vidalia Onion
- 1 Stick of Salted Butter
- Salt & Pepper To Your Taste
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400*
- Wash the potatoes
- Put 5-8 slices across the potatoes depending on the size, (width wise not the full length of the potato) Make the slices about 3/4 of the way through the potato but don’t cut all the way through.
- Put the potatoes in the microwave for about 10 minutes (Put all 4 of them in together)
- While potatoes are cooking cut the onion so you end up with thin whole circles & then cut the circles in half
- Cut 8 squares of aluminum foil large enough to hold your whole potato and wrap and seal it. You’re going to use 2 pieces of foil for each potato.
- Take your potato out of the microwave and place each on its aluminum foil
- You’re going to place a slice of butter and a whole half circle of the onion in between each slit of your potato.
- If you would like more onion taste just make a few more slits in your potato and add the butter and onion.
- Salt and pepper the tops of the potato to your taste
- Wrap the foil around the potato and close at the top. Make sure to double wrap them
- Put the potatoes in a 400* oven on a cookie sheet (in case they leak) and cook for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven unwrap and eat!
- These can also be put on the grill. They will need to cook for the same amount of time.