This recipe was one of the video recipes off of Facebook and I had to try it. I made a couple additions to the ingredients to suit my tastes but I have to say even without any changes this recipe is delicious! You can make these just for a lazy Sunday or for an appetizer to share at your next get together, I guarantee these will be a hit with everyone 😉
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup onion (minced)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ¼ cup parsley (chopped)
- Thawed puff pastry (cut into 4-inch squares)
- 16 oz of Shredded mozzarella
- Egg wash
- Tomato sauce
- Basil as garnish
- Grated Parmesan as garnish
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper, minced onion, garlic cloves and chopped parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients together well
- Form into 1 ½-inch balls and place on cookie sheet
- Broil for 7 to 10 minutes and remove from the oven
- Set aside until cool enough to handle about 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Flour your work surface.
- Start by placing a heaping tablespoon of shredded mozzarella onto center of pastry square
- Place a meatball on top of cheese.
- Wrap the puff pastry around the meatball.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with tomato sauce and garnish with basil and Parmesan