3 Cups Bread Flour (with a little extra for dusting)
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast granules
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large bowl fold together flour, yeast, salt sugar, oregano, thyme, marjoram, and thyme with a rubber spatula. Fold in warm water and olive oil and stir until mixed thoroughly (bread will be sticky).
- Let dough sit in a covered bowl for 1 1/2 hours at room temperature, or until dough doubles in size.
- Once dough has doubled in size, generously flour a clean surface, place dough on surface, and knead dough 4-5 times.
- Leave dough on the counter and tent foil over dough and left rise another 1 1/2 hours. At the 1 hour mark, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place dough in a covered Dutch oven or on a pizza stone and bake covered for 30 minutes. Then, remove cover and bake for an additional 10 – 15 minutes, until bread is a light golden brown.
- Enjoy it hot or save it for dinner, sandwiches or whatever your heart desires.